Monday, November 29, 2010

My Style Find is a Beer

So, off I went to the Food Wine and Design Fair at Hyde Park Shopping Centre this past weekend. I started off- naturally- at the Marie Claire South Africa pop-up store to see what they were up to. I found the lovely Aspasia Karras (editor) conversing with some readers over a glass of champers and joined in. As I earlier reported, behind the scenes footage on Marie Claire fashion shoots was on the screen and Nokia provided a facility whereby one could listen to music selected by the editors of the magazine whilst Black Coffee and LoveJozi displayed their clothes for sale at the stand.
There were many other stands, from wineries to various food stands. There was even a stand where traditional African beer was sold I found a beer! It was a beer of another kind that I found interesting, however.
It's a lovely tasting lager (like Castle on steroids) called Brewers and Union. Upon asking about it I was told it is sold exclusively at Norman Goodfellows or, alternatively, by direct order from &Union Beer Salon/Charcuterie (pigandbeer@andunion.com or 021 442 2770). I am definitely getting me more of this good stuff.





No comments: