Tuesday, February 11, 2014

DAVID TLALE: I CAN IMAGINE A HOLLYWOOD STARLET IN THIS...



By now you will have most probably read about South African designer David Tlale's show at  Mercedes Benz Fashion Week in New York. The show was a slight departure from what we are used to seeing from one of the country's top designers but it was perhaps one of the best collections I have certainly seen from him. As I live streamed the show on Sunday afternoon, I could not help going "wow" over and over and over again. The one thing I kept saying was that this is by far his most mature collection. I absolutely loved it and I can most certainly see a Hollywood starlet rocking something out of this one. The two images I chose above are the two looks I picked from the bunch as what I can imagine setting the red carpet alight with clicks from the paparazzi as a starlet sashays! I also loved this one- the showstopper, modelled by the gorgeous Tatum Keshwar.


Well done, Tlale!