Tuesday, February 11, 2014

TAKING LEAVE FROM LIFE, AND ACTUALLY LIVING


Sometimes all you need in life is a little trip outside of your busy city life. This past weekend was one filled with a lot of activity for me; lots of fun times with friends I had not seen in a while. My friend Emanuel and I landed in Cape Town last week Thursday. I am here to see through a project I am working on with my other friend Mali and Emma was here just for the weekend. After a few days of the usual type of fun- lots of partying, alcohol, peeking at and flirting with pretty boys and all that- we set out on a trip around the Cape Peninsula with Mali. It is truly one of my favourite things to do when in Cape Town, just taking in the beauty of Africa. Sometimes we get so preoccupied with what it is we do; work, relationships and all that and we forget that life is for living. For me, living is about appreciating beauty and the simple things. This is what this trip reminded me. There is nothing simple about life in the city, but a step back from it all is sometimes what one needs to get excited about it all all over again.

No comments: