Friday, June 27, 2014

AFI LAUNCHES MERCEDES BENZ FASHION WEEK CAPE TOWN 2014


African Fashion International (AFI) launched Mercedes Benz Fashion Week Cape Town yesterday. The annual event is scheduled to take place between 24 and 26 July. The 24th is my birthday, so I'm hoping to merge my 27th birthday celebration with what will hopefully be some great fashion. Nicholas Couts, who won the Elle Rising Star Designer title last year, is on the bill and that's one show I am looking forward to. I haven't attended any fashion week this year, so this will be my first since last year. I hope to be pleasantly surprised because I'm really looking forward to plugging myself back into what's popping in the South African fashion industry. Pictured above is fellow blogger Aisha Baker and below are pics from a shoot we attended at Everard Read gallery as part of the launch. By the way, it was so lavish being transported around Cape Town in a Merc Sprinter for the entire afternoon. Forward little me connected my bluetooth to the sound system and appointed self the selector! That was fun! I want to ride in that Sprinter again. This time with lots of chilled champagne, preferably on a long road trip.





No comments: