Thursday, December 20, 2012

ONSE CANDICE SWANEPOEL ON NEW YORK... SO MUCH LIKE JOZI, INNIT?

CANDICE SWANEPOEL IN THE 'VICTORIA'S SECRET' SHOW

I'm in the process of possibly leaving Johannesburg for a while, if not for good. I have chosen Cape Town as the place I want to live out the next chapter in my life. Not sure how it will work out for me. I'm both stoked- about the prospects of making new friends and just leading a less demanding lifestyle- and terrified about leaving my comfort zone. Having been in Johannesburg- with the exception of my matric year- since I was 13, I really don't know much about life outside this buzzing city. I am however convinced that I do need a break from it all. Anyway, as usual, I've been doing a bit of surfing through my favourite blogs and I found a post by Derek Blasberg, where he interviews Candice Swanepoel, the South African beauty who is quite literally a SUPERMODEL. No play, play. In the interview, Candice describes why she enjoys Brazil- where her boyfriend Herman Nicoli is from- more than New York, where she works. It sounds very much like what one experiences in Johannesburg.

CANDICE SWANEPOEL: “In New York, we base people on what they do, how much money they have. No one knows anything about the fashion industry in Brazil. They don’t care what you do. They just want the beach and the sun and the fun. I feel the freest and the happiest there. There, I can just be the normal Candice.”

Read the interview here.

No comments: