Wednesday, December 19, 2012

JAMES FRANCO THINKS 'STRAIGHT' IS THE NEW 'GAY'




I'm blown away by the trailer from James Franco's new film titled "Interior Leather Bar". The Sundance Festival selection is a film about filmmaking... and this is where the juicy part is; it's based on rumours that directors of the '80s film "Cruising" had to cut and destroy 40-minutes of gay S&M footage in order to avoid an X-rating. Here's what James Franco had to say about his new project (directed in collaboration with Travis Mathews):

"I wanted to be taken on a ride. I wanted to make a film that was as much about the experience as it was about making something. I wanted to go to a place of uncertainty, to set up parameters and then let the movie make itself. I wanted to explore the beauty of queerness, beautiful because it is counter to everything normal. As “straight” becomes the new “gay,” I wanted to find places where the anti-normative still thrived. Travis became my partner and guide on a trip to the queer-side."

 

No comments: