Wednesday, September 19, 2012

FASHION QUOTES FROM #LFW AND #NYFW

New York and London have just concluded their spring/summer collections. Any one who loves fashion spends a lot of time on the web during fashion week season looking through the pics that come from the runways of New York, London, Milan and Paris. I am no different. With that comes a lot of reading and the world wide web is often littered with amazing quotes from the front row. I have compiled a few that have so far caught my eye and captured my imagination. If I find more, there'll definitely be a part 2. Here they are:

BURBERRY PRORSUM SS13 RTW AT #LFW

BURBERRY PRORSUM SS13 RTW AT #LFW

"The trench coat is to Burberry what the iPhone is to Apple. And here, as every season, it was remixed, ramped-up, and presented to buyers anew. Burberry's 2013 trenches included some fantastically rich, deeply coloured lace versions, and a fuchsia to midnight blue kaleidoscope of satin varieties." - Luke Leitch, The Telegraph

 
“I knew I had to jettison the corsetry and the bustles I did last season, and I knew I couldn’t go on with the trompe l’oeil.” - Mary Katrantzou on her critically acclaimed SS13 collection

MICHAEL KORS SS13 RTW AT #NYFW

"If I can sum it up in two words... Prison Break!" - Eric Wilson of the New York Times in reference to the stripes trend, by far the biggest to emerge out of New York Fashion Week's SS13 collections

"I don't know. China?" - Anna Dello Russo responding to a friend who asked where her 'beautiful' H&M jewellery line was made

"The photo prints at Proenza Schouler evoked Tumblr," - Cathy Horyn, NY Times Fashion Critic

PROENZA SCHOULER (PIC: DAZEDDIGITAL.COM)
"If the fashion catwalk cameo at the closing ceremony of the Olympics underwhelmed, it was because it represented everything that British fashion no longer is. It isn't - give or take a few international fashion editors - pompous. It isn't, apart from a few, best-ignored, designers, bombastic. It doesn't take itself too seriously and the models, on the whole, are troopers trying to make a living, not spoilt divas who haven't yet twigged that out-of-control egos are very last-decade," - Lisa Armstrong, The Telegraph

 


No comments: